How to Prepare for JAM 2020 – The Joint Admission Test for admissions into MSc and related postgraduate science programmes across the respective IITs will be conducted this year by the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur on February 9, 2020. With JAM approaching fast, aspiring candidates must be troubled taking pain for this basic question - ‘how to prepare for JAM 2020’. Thus, science graduates, looking forward to pursue the postgraduate science programmes, integrated and dual degree courses through JAM 2020 need to know beforehand that the preparation for JAM 2020 is possible only through a well-planned strategy for each subject. JAM 2020 will be conducted for admissions to different postgraduate programmes offered for a varied number of courses including Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biological Sciences, Mathematics, Geology and Mathematical Statistics along with integrated PhD courses and Dual degree programmes. Therefore, for the sake of the future aspirants, this article on ‘how to prepare for JAM 2020’ comes as a ready-made preparation source. Through how to prepare for JAM, candidates will get to know the preparation strategy, need of sample papers or previous years question papers, mock test, best books, and tips to prepare for the test.
Before beginning the study plan candidates need to first make themselves aware of the JAM 2020 Syllabus. The syllabus will give candidates an exact idea of how much has to be prepared and what are the important topics from different subjects. The syllabus reflects in details the different topics that candidates need to prepare in order to take the examination successfully. Another advantage of starting with and knowing the syllabus is to have clarity clarity about the topics to study. One can have basic understanding as what needs to be studied and on which topics one has a strong hold on. A lot of time can be saved by only knowing the syllabus completely, and the preparation time can be used more efficiently.
To prepare for JAM 2020 referring the right books is important. Each subject has specific books which you can refer for better preparation. Candidates can start by referring to their graduation books. Apart from those, candidates can also refer to books and guides specially prepared for candidates attempting JAM 2020. These best books for JAM have been written and compiled by the learned people, who are subject-matter experts with a proven track record. In other words, many toppers over the years have been cracking JAM exam by referring and reading to the JAM best books.
Preparing a time-table is always helpful while preparing for any examination. JAM being one of the toughest examinations it is necessary that aspirants have a time table in place to refer to and to follow. By following the time table, it can be planned that which subjects are to be studied on which days. The hours of study for different topics are also determined by the time table. Further, this helps in maintaining a certain target or discipline of a daily routine (not to miss), so that at the end of the day, we know that we are getting closer to the reality of completing the syllabus within the given time. While making an apt time-table, the JAM aspirants must make sure that they allot more time for the units and topics, they find more difficult and tough to grasp. Make the time table in a way that the last couple of months are left for revision.
It’s said that any exam preparation is incomplete without practising the sample papers or previous years question papers. While preparing for the exam, solving JAM sample papers is one of the key aspects to ascertain breakthrough in the examination. The benefits of practising the previous years question papers/model papers include developing speed and accuracy, learning time management, knowing different ways of solving questions, and solving a vast question bank of varied nature. Candidates can find these sample papers online for all the subjects. Solving sample papers will also help candidates familiarize with the exam paper pattern, along with giving the candidates an idea about the types of questions asked during the exam.
JAM 2020 Mock Tests are real time tests or online tests which are available online. Preparing for the exam, using mock tests will help candidates to attempt the real examination, as all functionality and features of the mock test are just like the ones in the actual examination. With a time limit to it, candidates will learn how to save time and attempt all the given questions in the given time, as they would know the usage of all features in the mock test or actual test before it takes place. Through mock test candidates will be able to manage time and it also gives them idea about their ability to solve the question paper efficiently.
It’s not simply the preparation alone which does the work for you. Rather you need to cautiously take care of the dos and don’ts. By keeping the dos and don’ts in your mind, your preparation becomes more efficient, at the same time, you are able to stay healthy and make the best use of any obstacle that comes your way during the entire preparation period.
Here you go with the tips:
1. The most important thing candidates need to take care of while prepare for JAM 2020 is maintaining a composed mind and keeping calm. Generally before examinations, candidates tent to stress out due to which the whole preparation goes for a toss.
2. It’s vital to take small and intermittent breaks during preparation to avoid overload of information. Divide you strategy to incorporate time for relaxation which will later help candidates develop a calm mind before the examination.
3. As they say, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, do contrary to this idiom. Do not completely shun away from sports or games. Keep playing your favourite sport or game, taking some break during your long hours of study, as a healthy mind resides in a healthy body.
4. Rest is best for health, they say. To an extent, the statement holds true, however, may not be 100 percent applicable. For instance, you may have a habit of sleeping for 9 hours, but if you sleep for 9 hours during preparation, then you will not be left with much of the time in a day. You may curtain that sleep to 6 or 7 hours, without compromising on quality sleep. This will keep your mind fresh and capacitate it to function at its best. However, if you keep on digging the prep books all day and night, without having the minimum required sleep, then the mind will exhaust at a given point in time and you will be left with no other option but to get frustrate.
5. Eat healthy and stay fit with some exercises. To be able to take the test in a good shape, you must ensure that you are maintaining a healthy body till the day of the exam. Avoid consuming anything which you feel is unhealthy or can react badly to your stomach. It’s also advisable not to overeat, so that digestion doesn’t appear as a hurdle in preparation. To stay fit, some light or regular, easy exercises are a must. Yoga or meditation can be the other options.
All the best!
ISA 2020 - Candidates can check here how Non-JAM qualified candidates can take admission in NITs ...
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2020 - IIT Kanpur has released exam pattern of IIT JAM 2020 on July 12, 2019...
CCMN Seat Allotment 2020 - The conducting body will release the CCMN 2020 seat allotment in the s...
IIT JAM Application Form 2020 - IIT, Kanpur has closed JAM 2020 application form window on Octobe...
IIT JAM 2020 - IIT Kanpur has extended IIT JAM 2020 application form for the exam to be conducted...
here I am providing you list of some good books for iit jam geology. these are
IIT JAM M.Sc. Geology by Ajhar Hussain
Trend in Objective Geology by Ausaf Saeed
A Text book of Geology by P.K. Mukerjee
Principles of engineering Geology by K.M. Bangur
I hope my answer will help you out
Structural Geology by Twiss & Moores
Hello Vidya Devi
IIT JAM exam form for registration was released on 5th September and last date for registration was 12th October. I am sorry to say but there is no possibility to apply for the exam after the last date of registration. Correction window will be open in first week of November.
Hope it helps you.
Hello Sofia John
Some of the best coaching academies in India for IIT Jam Mathematical Statistics are mentioned below
Kindly visit the mentioned below site for more tips and guidelines regarding how to prepare for JAM Mathematics paper.
let me clear your doubt.
Yes you can give jam exam aftee completing your bsc. And here is the eligibility criteria for jam exam
A canditate after completing their bachelor degree are eligible for jam exam
A candidate belonging to general /obc (non creamy layer) should have atleast 55 percent aggregate marks ,without rounding off.
And those who belong to sc st should have at least 50 percent aggregate marks, without rounding off.
Your JAM brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile