DU Admission 2016: Admission window for first phase vacant seats extends till July 30

DU 2016 admission window for first phase vacant seats extendsUniversity of Delhi (DU) has extended the admission widow for the 1st phase vacant seats by one more day from erstwhile two days- July 28 and 29, 2016. According to DU officials, the admission for vacant seats in different colleges for the undergraduate programmes based on July 27th first merit list will continue till July 30, 2016, 12 noon along with the online payment of fees extended till 6:00 pm of the same day.

Dr. J.M. Khurana, Dean of Student’s Welfare (DSW) told Careers360 that the admission window has been extended due to delay in the first merit list for UG admissions by a number of colleges. “It has come to our knowledge that some colleges could not announce the merit list in time for the admissions to be completed on 29th July, 2016.  Therefore, it has been decided that admissions which was scheduled for 28/29th July, 2016 will be continued till 30th July, 2016 up to 12.00 noon.  The time for payment of online fee has also been extended up to 6.00 p.m. on the same day,” said Prof. Khurana.

He also said that there is no change in the admission process for evening colleges. “There is no change in admission schedule for the evening colleges.  However, the subsequent schedule for undergraduate admissions remains unchanged,” he added, further.

Read here– DU 2016 admission process for vacant seats after 5th cut-off

Earlier, the admission window for the first phase was scheduled to end by July 29, 2016 (3:00 pm), however, has now been extended till July 30, 2016.

Moreover, the second merit list for DU 2016 admission for vacant seats will be out by July 30, 2016. Check here for DU 2016 Important Dates.

Delhi University offers admissions to over 54,000 undergraduate seats for admission to various courses in as many as 77 colleges of the varsity. Currently, the admission process is on for vacant seats in different colleges through online UG admission portal.

Stay tuned to university.careers360.com for more news and updates on Delhi University Admission 2016

Related News

QNA - COLLEGE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

University of Delhi, Delhi

Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the college!

• 1919 Joined
  • 2080 Questions
User Pic

abhay buxroy 9 minutes ago

abhay buxroys picture
Abhay BuxroyLast Seen: 4 min 15 sec agoJoined on: 06-Jun-2017Education Interest: DefenceEducation Level: Class 12

I have got 87.2 % in pcm can i get admission in du?

P

Pinki 38 minutes ago

Pinkis picture
PinkiLast Seen: 14 min 26 sec agoJoined on: 27-May-2018Education Interest: Degree ProgrammesEducation Level: Class 12

For "best of 4" subjects score can i include bio,physics,English and computer science in DU

Answer (1)

R

rohan marwah 36 minutes ago

rohan marwahs picture
Rohan MarwahLast Seen: 36 min 26 sec agoJoined on: 20-Nov-2016Education Interest: EngineeringEducation Level: In Graduation
Computer science is an extra subject.read more about this on the Delhi University website
R

Rupa 40 minutes ago

Rupas picture
RupaLast Seen: 39 min 39 sec agoJoined on: 21-Jun-2018Education Interest: Degree ProgrammesEducation Level: In Graduation

I'm an SC candidate .My best of four percentage is 71.5% but my total percentage is 75.2%.I want to get admission in DU .

Do I have chance to get in DU with this percentage ?Reply me to the earliest ..
R

Ruchi Mahajan 1 hour ago

Ruchi Mahajans picture
Ruchi MahajanLast Seen: 1 hour 3 min agoJoined on: 09-Jun-2018Education Interest: MedicineEducation Level: Class 12

I am a science student with PCB and phy. Edu. In best four for du if I consider physics my percentage becomes 85.7 but with phy.edu.it is 92

Now according to which percentage I need to check cut off.
User Pic

Vishal Yadav 2 hours ago

Vishal Yadavs picture
Vishal YadavLast Seen: 34 min 21 sec agoJoined on: 17-Jun-2018Education Interest: ManagementEducation Level: In Graduation

I got 85.2 marks in 12th.Can I selected in DU .I belong to OBC cast and I want to study in Bsc(hon) mathematics

Answer (1)

User Pic

Namita Kumari 2 hours ago

Namita Kumaris picture
Namita KumariLast Seen: 1 hour 9 min agoJoined on: 11-Mar-2018Education Interest: ManagementEducation Level: Graduate & Above
Hello Vishal, Definitely You can get easily admission in University of Delhi but you will not get top 10 Colleges of University of Delhi for B.Sc. Hons in Mathematics. You will get admission in averag...Read More