Delhi University has put an official notification for admissions to undergraduate (UG) programmes based on merit for the academic year 2016. In the official notification, the university has shared information regarding the admission process including Sports and Extra-Curricular Activities (ECA) Trials. Careers360 brings you detailed instructions as shared by the University of Delhi for DU 2016 UG admissions.DU 2016 UG aspirants can also check here information regarding DU 2016 cut-off marks and document verification process.
Instructions regarding DU 2016 admission process
1. Delhi University (DU) will be announcing its first cutoff for UG 2016 admissions on June 30 in an online mode.
2. The applicants for DU 2016 UG admissions will need to check DU 2016 cutoff marks page for different programmes.
3. If any candidate meets the requisite cut-off marks, needs to login to DU 2016 UG admission portal, through their registered login account and password.
4. Based on the announced cutoff marks, they need to select the courses and colleges, where they wish to seek admissions for the year 2016.
5. Then, the candidates need to take the print-out of the UG admission form of DU and visit the college in-person along with the documents for getting them verified.
6. Candidates need to ensure the availability of following documents, before visiting the college– i. Class X Board Examination Certificate
ii. Class X Marks-Sheet
iii. Class XII Marks-Sheet
iv. Class XII Provisional Certificate / Original Certificate
v. Character Certificate (recent)
vi. SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
vii. OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by competent authority
viii. Those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi, they need to bring Transfer Certificate from school / college as well as Migration Certificate issued by the Board /University.
7. At least two (2) passport size self-attested photographs.
8. Once the college has granted approval for admissions to the candidate after the verification of documents including the cut-off percentage calculation and eligibility conditions, it will retain the original certificates of the candidate in order to avoid multiple admissions.
9. Further, the college will approve the candidate’s admissions on DU 2016 UG Online Admission portal, following which the applicant will have to pay the admission fee in online mode using Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking / Paytm facilities.
10. In case any candidate withdraws or cancels his/her admission or wishes to appear in counselling of any other college or university, the college has been directed by the Delhi University to return the original documents.
11.DU 2016 UG aspirants need to note that the admission will be confirmed only after the payment of admission fee on the online UG admission portal of Delhi University within the scheduled time-limit. Check here DU 2016 Admission Dates.
Sports / ECA Quota admissions
The DU colleges are free to decide the number of seats in each programme to be filled through Sports/ECA quota, however, which should not be more than 5% of the total offered seats.
Applicants seeking admission in Delhi University for the UG programmes through Sports and ECA quota will need to fill a separate application form for the same, after remitting an addition fee of Rs. 100 in online mode.
The list of shortlisted candidates will be published online.
The candidates while attending trials need to bring their certificates for verification purpose.
The weightage will be given to certificates (winners/participants at international, national, state, zonal and school level) and trials in the ratio of 25:75, respectively.
It should be noted that issued certificates should not be more than three years older.
The trials will be conducted at two levels – Preliminary and Final.
The candidates will be offered only one attempt per event at the preliminary level.
Candidates shortlisted at preliminary level will be allowed to go for final round trials.
The candidates must secure a minimum of 50% marks (38 out of 75) in final trials, in order to be eligible for the admission through ECA quota.
The admissions, however, will be offered to the eligible candidates based on merit secured by them as per the published list of ECA quota by the university.
Check here for list of activities included in ECA quota admissions.
1. The candidates while attending trials need to bring their certificates for verification purpose.
2. The maximum marks allotted for Sports certificate is 50.
3. It should be noted that issued certificates should have dates between April 1, 2013 and March 31, 2016.
4. The applicants applying under sports category of Archery, Chess and Shooting need to qualify in any one of the fitness tests and in any two of the tests, if applying under other games categories.
Standing Broad Jump 1.65 metres for Men 1.15 metres for Women
1000 metres Run/Walk 5 minutes for Men 6 minutes for Women
50 metres Dash 8 seconds for Men 9 seconds for Women
5. The candidates must secure a minimum of 25% marks in trials, in order to be eligible for the admission through Sports quota.
6. The admissions, however, will be offered to the eligible candidates based on merit secured by them as per the published list of Sports quota by the university.
Check here for list of activities included in Sports quota admissions.
University of Delhi conducts merit based admissions in various undergraduate programmes for around 54000 seats on offer at as many as 77 colleges spread across the national capital.
Must Read –
DU 2016 UG Admission FAQs
Calculate best of four marks
Stay tuned to university.careers360.com for more news and updates on Delhi University Admission
DU Cut off 2019 - Delhi University will release the eighth DU 2019 cut off list schedule on Augus...
Miranda House Cutoff 2019 - Miranda House has released seventh cut off list of Miranda House Coll...
Gargi College Cutoff 2019 - Gargi college has released the Gargi college 7th cut off list on Augu...
DU Seventh Cutoff 2019 - University of Delhi affiliated colleges have released DU 2019 Seventh cu...
DU Sixth Cutoff 2019 - Delhi University has released consolidated DU 2019 Sixth cutoff list on Ju...
No you cannot take admission into any course apart from which the course you have selected in your registration form..
Hello Rishi, Ram lal Anand college was established in 1964 which offers 15 courses over 4 streams.It was established in 1958 which offers 21 c...
Dear Rahim, to be eligible for Delhi Institutional Quota, a student should have studied 11th and 12th in Delhi or hold domicile of Delhi. Studying ...
Scoring 8+ CGPA in your second year won't be that difficult if you start studying everything that's taught in your classes from the beg...
Hey,For management principles you many take in consideration T. N. Chabbra as it is been followed in the university of Delhi and is considered appa...
Your DU brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile