Dr. Yogesh Tyagi appointed DU Vice Chancellor

Dr. Yogesh Tyagi appointed as VC of DUDr. Yogesh Tyagi has been appointed as the Vice Chancellor of the University of Delhi. The new VC, who was formally appointed on 11th February, 2016, is yet to take charge of one of the largest Universities in India. Previously, Dr. Tyagi served as the Dean and Professor of Legal Studies at South Asian University and will be succeeding Dr. Dinesh Singh whose tenure ended on October 29, 2015.

Dr. Sudhish Pachauri will remain as the acting VC of the University till Dr. Yogesh Tyagi joins the office.

According to the Central University officials a search-cum-selection committee appointed by the Visitor of the University, President, Sri Pranab Mukherjee had shortlisted a panel of four members for the VC post which included Dr. Rameshwar Nath Kaul Bamezai (Professor) of JNU School of Life Sciences, Dr. Yogesh Tyagi (Dean of the Law Faculty) of South Asian University, Hemchand Gupta, the Former IIT professor and UPSC member and Bidyuth Chakraborty, a Professor in Political Science Department of DU.

“The list of shortlisted names was sent to the HRD Ministry in January 2016 which then was forwarded to the Visitor for final approval as per the appointment process,” Dr. Malay Neerav, DU Media Coordinator said.

Brief Profile of the Delhi University VC

Dr. Yogesh Tyagi who has a Doctorate in Legal Studies (Jawaharalal Nehru University) and LLM in Legal Studies (Columbia University) was the Dean and Professor of Faculty of Legal Studies at South Asian University (SAU). Dr. Tyagi has also authored a number of publications including The UN Human Rights Committee: Practice and Procedure (2011), The Denunciation of Human Rights Treaties (2008) and Legal Aspects of Minority Languages (2006).

Stay tuned to university.careers360.com for more news and feature articles on Delhi University

Related News

QNA - COLLEGE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

University of Delhi, Delhi

Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the college!

• 1919 Joined
  • 2079 Questions
P

Pinki 19 minutes ago

Pinkis picture
PinkiLast Seen: 19 min 5 sec agoJoined on: 27-May-2018Education Interest: Degree ProgrammesEducation Level: Class 12

For "best of 4" subjects score can i include bio,physics,English and computer science in DU

Answer (1)

R

rohan marwah 17 minutes ago

rohan marwahs picture
Rohan MarwahLast Seen: 17 min 21 sec agoJoined on: 20-Nov-2016Education Interest: EngineeringEducation Level: In Graduation
Computer science is an extra subject.read more about this on the Delhi University website
R

Rupa 21 minutes ago

Rupas picture
RupaLast Seen: 20 min 34 sec agoJoined on: 21-Jun-2018Education Interest: Degree ProgrammesEducation Level: In Graduation

I'm an SC candidate .My best of four percentage is 71.5% but my total percentage is 75.2%.I want to get admission in DU .

Do I have chance to get in DU with this percentage ?Reply me to the earliest ..
R

Ruchi Mahajan 44 minutes ago

Ruchi Mahajans picture
Ruchi MahajanLast Seen: 44 min 20 sec agoJoined on: 09-Jun-2018Education Interest: MedicineEducation Level: Class 12

I am a science student with PCB and phy. Edu. In best four for du if I consider physics my percentage becomes 85.7 but with phy.edu.it is 92

Now according to which percentage I need to check cut off.
User Pic

Vishal Yadav 1 hour ago

Vishal Yadavs picture
Vishal YadavLast Seen: 15 min 16 sec agoJoined on: 17-Jun-2018Education Interest: ManagementEducation Level: In Graduation

I got 85.2 marks in 12th.Can I selected in DU .I belong to OBC cast and I want to study in Bsc(hon) mathematics

Answer (1)

User Pic

Namita Kumari 1 hour ago

Namita Kumaris picture
Namita KumariLast Seen: 50 min 8 sec agoJoined on: 11-Mar-2018Education Interest: ManagementEducation Level: Graduate & Above
Hello Vishal, Definitely You can get easily admission in University of Delhi but you will not get top 10 Colleges of University of Delhi for B.Sc. Hons in Mathematics. You will get admission in averag...Read More
S

Sushil Singh 2 hours ago

Sushil Singhs picture
Sushil SinghLast Seen: 1 hour 42 min agoJoined on: 21-Jun-2018Education Interest: Degree ProgrammesEducation Level: Class 12

Is it confirm that in 3rd or 4th cut off I will be eligible for the admission with 80.5 % in du with obc category.

Answer (1)

User Pic

Namita Kumari 2 hours ago

Namita Kumaris picture
Hello Sushil,It depends upon your preferred college and graduation stream you are going to opt. If you are looking for commerce background admission then it may tough to get admission. You have very l...Read More