- Register with me now to explore your dream career.
- Explore Careers360’s predictive tools for better decision making.
- Know about latest happenings in education sphere (Management, Engineering, Medicine & Allied, Degree Programs, Study Abroad and Professional courses).
- Discover and compare more about colleges and courses.
The Honeywell UniSim Design Challenge 2013
Details: The competition details for the Asia Pacific Region apply to accredited college and university students in Australia, New Zealand, Korea, India, Japan, China and South East Asia.
Honeywell is offering university and technical students the opportunity to share and compete with their innovative solutions in the UniSim Design Challenge 2013.
- The winner of the Unisim Design Challenge 2013 will get an all-expenses-paid trip to Perth, Australia, and take part in the event in August. The winner gets a unique opportunity to network with industry experts. Previous winners now work at Honeywell, ZADCO and Virthualis.
- The prize includes registration fee, transportation and accommodation.
- Five consolation prize winners will win paid attendance to one of two Honeywell Advanced UniSim Design Training Courses. Travel and expenses not included.
Eligibility: Must be a chemical engineering student with a flair for process design Submit your solution to a critical plant business issue and get unique opportunity to present it in front of hundreds of industry leaders at the prestigious Asia Pacific HUG conference.
How to Compete:
1. Send the intent to compete, by signing up here on unisim.studentcompetitions.com and filling out the required information, including the solution abstract (max. 300 words). All solutions should address a critical plant business issue and be based on Honeywell UniSim® Design Suite.
2., Upload a more detailed PowerPoint presentation (no more than 20 slides) to complete the entry submission.
Note: Email to [email protected] for any questions regarding the competition, or asking for an example of previous winners’ submissions.
- All contestants should use the UniSim Design Suite to create the process design.
- The Asia Pacific HUG 2013 competition is open to any student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in within Australia, New Zealand, Korea, India, Japan, China and South East Asia.
- A supervising or advising faculty member must support each entry; the faculty member must review and approve the student’s entry before it is submitted and affirm that the student wrote the paper him/herself.
- The submitted abstract and presentation should highlight the problem solved using UniSim design, details of the experiment, describe why the approach is innovative, and the main benefits of the project. The UniSim Design simulation case also needs to be submitted.
- The abstract and the presentation should be submitted in English and the winner will present at the Honeywell Users’ Group meeting in English.
- Abstracts should be submitted in Word (.doc) format and include contestants full name and university.
- The format for the presentation is Microsoft PowerPoint. The Honeywell Users’ Group presentation template will be sent to participants when they have confirmed their notice of intent to compete.
- A jury of Honeywell and customer user experts will select one winner.
Note: Students are also expected to attend a 30 minute interview with the judging panel to pitch their project and answer any questions. These interviews can be done via teleconference or face-to-face, whichever is appropriate.
Additional Rules & Regulations:
- If your school does not have a UniSim Design Suite, Honeywell sponsors an Academic Program for the UniSim Design Suite free of charge. Please contact Mayur Agrawala, [email protected] for more information.
- If required, the author is responsible for his or her own visa arrangements, but the cost of the visa will be reimbursed.
- There will be no financial or monetary rewards of any kind.
- If a team submits a winning entry, only one of the winning team’s members will present at the HUG 2013.
- The jury retains the right to declare the contest void if the submitted papers do not fulfill the eligibility expectations.
- The jury’s decision is final.
- The winner will be announced at Honeywell Users’ Group's webpage in June 2013, including the names of the winning entry, author, faculty sponsor, and university. Honeywell retains the right to publish or distribute the winning and runner-up papers and photos through any electronic and physical form.
- The winner is expected to attend 2013 Asia Pacific HUG and present his/her paper. Non-attendance implies resignation of the prize.
- Participation implies full acceptance of stated rules. For situations not covered herein, the Honeywell jury will rule, considering as the top priority the equal chances of winning for all participants.
Deadline for Asia Pacific:
- Notice of intent to compete: 30 April
- Final submissions: 31 May