Panjab University Cut Off 2019 – The Panjab University, Chandigarh, will release Panjab University 2019 cut off in online mode for both its undergraduate and postgraduate courses. For undergraduate courses like B.Sc. (Hons.) and B. Pharma., the cut off of Panjab University 2019 is likely to be announced in the first week of March 2019. For postgraduate courses, the cut offs will be announced in second week of April 2019. The Panjab University cut off 2019 for both UG and PG courses specify the minimum marks which candidate should score in the entrance tests to qualify for next round of admission related process. The Panjab University 2019 cut off will vary as per different courses and categories. Only those candidates whose entrance test scores fulfil the cut off requirements will be taken into consideration by the university while preparing the merit list. After the declaration of results, the university will publish a merit list featuring the names of qualified candidates as per PUCET cut off 2019. Along with the scores obtained by the candidates in entrance test, the merit list will also take into account the marks of qualifying examination and of PI and GD rounds wherever applicable. Candidates mentioned in the merit list will have to physically attend the counselling session on the specified date, time, and venue to finalize their admissions into the course of their choice.
PUCET candidates are advised to take a look into cut off for Panjab University 2019 for the last two years, 2018 and 2017, for the concerned course and category. In doing so, they will get a fair idea of how much marks they should be scoring approximately in the entrance exam.
College Comparison based on Courses, Placement, Rank, FeeCompare Now
PUCET, also known as Panjab University Common Entrance Test, is an entrance examination conducted by the Panjab University, Chandigarh, to determine the suitability of candidates for admissions into the courses they have applied for. The test for Panjab University admission 2019 is expected to be held in the last week of April 2019 for undergraduate courses, whereas for postgraduate courses, the exam will be conducted in the second week of May 2019. The results of PUCET will be declared in the first week of May 2019 for undergraduate courses and in the last week of June 2019 for postgraduate courses. Candidates can read further to get more information on Panjab University cut off 2019 like cut off dates, cut off marks, procedures following cut off marks, important documents, and so on.
Important Dates of Panjab University 2019 Cut Off
Following is the list of dates on which the cut off for Panjab University 2019 will be released for UG and PG courses. Along with the cut off dates, the table below also mentions result dates and merit list dates so that the candidates know what precedes and follows PUCET 2019 cut off announcement.
Panjab University Cut Off 2019 – Important Dates
PUCET Cut off - UG
First week of March 2019
PUCET Cut off - PG
Second week of April 2019
PUCET 2019 - UG
Last week of April 2019
PUCET 2019 - PG
First week of June 2019
PUCET result 2019 - UG
First week of May 2019
PUCET result 2019 - PG
Last week of June 2019
PUCET Merit List - UG
Last week of June 2019
PUCET Merit List - PG
Last week of July 2019
PUCET Counselling - UG
July 2019 – August 2019
PUCET Counselling - PG
August 2019 – September 2019
Panjab University 2019 Cut Off
The cut off for Panjab University 2019 will be put here for all UG/PG courses and categories once they are officially announced by the university.
Panjab University Cut off 2018
Candidates can refer to the given table to check UG cut off 2018 for all categories.
Panjab University 2018 Cut Off – UG Courses
15% of total marks
10% of total marks
Panjab University 2018 Cut Off – PG Courses
20% of total marks
(M.A. English and History – 35% of total marks
Masters in Disaster Management – 37.5%)
15% of total marks
(M.A. English and History – 30% of total marks)
Panjab University Cut Off 2017
Given below are the cut offs for all courses and categories for the year 2017. Referring to the cut offs for 2017 may help the candidates to comprehend the cut off trends of the university. This will allow them to form a fair idea of the minimum marks they should be scoring in the entrance test.
Panjab University 2017 Cut Off – B.Sc. Courses
Panjab University 2016 Cutoff - B.Com Programme
First Cutoff Score
What Follows Panjab University Cut Off 2019
- After announcing the results, a merit list will be prepared by the university featuring the list of qualified candidates as per the cut offs and their ranks. The university will calculate the merit of the candidate for UG and PG merit list in the following ways.
Panjab University Merit List 2019 – UG
- For UG courses like B.Pharma and B.Sc. (Hons.), the university will take the following fields into consideration with the specified weight age: (i) Qualifying exam– 25%, (ii) Entrance test – 75%, (iii) over and above weight age of NCC, NSS, etc.
- For a combined merit list for two streams – (i) Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry combination and (ii) Physics, Biology, Chemistry combination, two streams will be evaluated separately. The given formula will be used to calculate the combined merit:
0.75*P + 0.25*Q + over and above weight age of NSS, NCC, etc. in terms of marks,
where P denotes Percentile and Q denotes the percentage secured in 10 + 2 exam
The percentile will be calculated with the help of given formula:
where P denotes Percentile, N denotes Number of Students, R denotes Rank of the candidate in the merit list of his/her stream.
Panjab University Merit List 2019 – PG
- For M.Com. Business Innovations, M.A. in Remote Sensing and GIS, Disaster Management, History, the following fields will be taken into account with the given weight ages – (i) written entrance exam – 50%, (ii) Qualifying examination – 50%. Academic or other weight ages will be as per the marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying exam as prescribed by PU.
- For M.Com. (Hons.), the following fields will be taken into account with the mentioned weight ages – (i) entrance examination – 85%, (ii) group discussion (GD) – 7.5%, (iii) Personal Interview (PI) – 7.5%
Panjab University 2019 Merit List – Tie-Breaker
Candidates will find below the process with which the university will determine the inter-se rank of those candidates who secure equal marks. If candidates secure the same marks in the final merit, they will be bracketed together. However, it must be noted that the given mechanism is applicable only to PG courses.
- Candidates securing a higher percentage in the qualifying exam (graduation level degree) will be given a higher rank in the order of merit.
- If the candidates score the same marks in graduation level exam, the candidate securing higher percentage in class 12th will be given a higher rank in the order of merit .
- If the tie still exists, older candidates will be given a higher rank in the order of merit.
PUCET Counselling 2019
- Candidates featuring in the merit list must physically attend the counselling session as per the specified date and venue. The Panjab university will release the counselling schedule in online mode.
- Candidates will be required to mark their attendance once they reach the counselling venue.
- Candidates should have with them a copy of the online admission form along with relevant documents ready at the time of counselling.
- The university will prepare a final merit list and waiting list after the counselling session taking into account candidates’ scores in written examination, GD, PI, and so on. This final merit list will mention the names of selected candidates, while the waiting list will mention the names of waitlisted candidates.
Panjab University 2019 Cut Off - Reservations
The Panjab University offers reservations to certain categories. Candidates may check the given table which mentions the percentage of seats reserved for each category. These reservations are applicable for both UG and PG programmes. After referring to cut off of Panjab University 2019, the reservation breakup will help them to predict their chances of getting into the university.
Panjab University Reservations 2019
Sons/daughters/granddaughter/grandson/husband/wife/sisters/brothers of persons killed in Nov. 1984 riots and Panjab and Chandigarh terrorist violence
Children/grandchildren of freedom fighters
Wards of Kashmiri displaced persons
1 additional seat in technical and professional courses under merit quota
Eligible foreign nationals
5% additional seats
10% additional seats
One additional seat
Border area students
One additional seat
Rural area students
Two additional seats
One additional seat each
Single girl child and one amongst two girls
Two additional seats per unit per course
Wards of martyrs
1% additional seat
More like Panjab University, Chandigarh
Panjab University Courses 2019
Panjab University Courses 2019 – PUCET aspirants can check here Panjab University 2019 courses li...
Panjab University Exam Pattern 2019
Panjab University Exam Pattern 2019 – Panjab University releases Panjab University 2019 Exam Patt...
Panjab University Admission Form 2019
Panjab University Admission Form 2019 – Panjab University will release PUCET Application Form in ...
Panjab University Result 2019
Panjab University Result 2019 - Panjab University announces Panjab University 2019 Result in onli...
Panjab University Date sheet 2019
Panjab University Date Sheet 2019 – Candidates can check here all the important dates of Panjab U...
Questions related to Panjab University, Chandigarh
Hi Shina, It is completely based on your interest and preferences. According to me the best one is BSc in PCM for non medical students. Hope the a...
Sir now I'm studying in 2nd pu state board, so for jee main which option to be filled for name of the qualifying exam appeared/appearing?
Got it,but in that options are like (a) The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ state Board, such...
Hi there. For knowing the syllabus you can check the link given below:https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/law.careers360.com/articles/pu-ba-llb-syl...
I entered the name of institute as CBSE but mine is state PU education and I lost my chance in correction,so can I change in counciling
Hello, Its all based on the form you had fill if there is option of editing then you can but if there us no such option like this then i don't thin...