JAM 2016 will be held on February 7, 2016 for all the M.Sc aspirants who wish to take admissions for the same at the IITs and IISc Bangalore. The exam is barely a month away and time is clearly a constraint. JAM aspirants need to intensify their preparation efforts during this last month to be able to taste success in the entrance test. A big question that arises amongst many JAM aspirants is How to Prepare for JAM 2016 in the last one month – Which topics to focus on, How many test papers to practise and so on.
Careers360 has complied preparation tips on How to Prepare for JAM 2016 in these last days before the exam with the help of toppers and expert faculty. These are just guidelines to be followed by candidates to be able to do better in the actual JAM 2016 exam. Some points to note are that JAM 2016 is being organized by IIT Madras with all the seven papers being online. The virtual calculator has been introduced this year and candidates will have to use that instead of a physical one.
Latest Updates: The JAM 2016 Admit Card is now available for download. Candidates are advised to take two printouts of the same for reference.
How to Prepare for JAM 2016 in 1 Month:
1. JAM 2016 Syllabus: Any preparation for any entrance exam first requires a complete thorough perusal of the Syllabus. It is important that candidates know the JAM 2016 Syllabus and the topics they have to study. They must also keep the syllabus in hand and make a checklist of the same. This is to tick off the completed syllabus and then get a realist view of their preparation efforts.
The JAM 2016 Syllabus has been specified by IIT Madras for all the seven papers. Candidates may use their undergraduate books to study the basic concepts for the JAM 2016 exam. In addition, there are plenty of good reference books to enhance and improve on the concepts.
2. Practise and More Practice: At this stage, candidates must have completed their JAM 2016 Syllabus to a larger extent. This last month is more on building on the studied concepts. Candidates have to put the study into use by practising more. This can be done with the help of the JAM 2016 Sample Papers and Previous Year Question Papers.
It is not enough to just practice. Candidates must analyse their performance and improve on the weak points. This exercise must be constantly done to ensure that all weak points and mistakes are generally ironed out.
Candidates will have the advantage of understanding the JAM 2016 Exam Pattern. With more and more practice, candidates can plan their exam strategy and hone their speed in the exam. Time Management is another advantage of constant practice.
3. JAM 2016 Mock Test: IIT Madras has announced the availability of the JAM 2016 Mock Test. This is a simulation of the actual exam and is online. It also has the virtual calculator which has been introduced this year for all JAM papers. Candidates are advised to attempt the JAM 2016 Mock Test to understand the online test procedure as well as get familiar with the system and exam procedure.
4. JAM 2016 Virtual Calculator: Practice with the virtual calculator that IIT Madras has provided to JAM 2016 candidates to get familiar with. It is important to know the format of the calculator and the working of the same. Physical calculators will not be allowed for JAM 2016 so it is advisable that candidates use and practice with the virtual one provided for the same.
5. Relaxation and Good Health: It is important that the mind is not too stressed with the exam. So candidates must relax with good breaks in between periods of study with activities like meditation, walking, listening to music etc. Candidates must also eat well and healthy. This is to avoid sickness that can play havoc with the study in these last days prior to the JAM 2016 exam
What Should You Not Do?
Don’t start studying topics you haven’t touched till now. This will result in a waste of time that could otherwise be used to improve an already known topic.
Time is of essence therefore smart preparation is the need of the day. Revise- analyse and then revise some more till you get better.
Careers360 wishes all JAM 2016 aspirants the very best and hopes for their success in the JAM 2016 exam!
ISA 2020 - Candidates can check here how Non-JAM qualified candidates can take admission in NITs ...
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2020 - IIT Kanpur has released exam pattern of IIT JAM 2020 on July 12, 2019...
CCMN Seat Allotment 2020 - The conducting body will release the CCMN 2020 seat allotment in the s...
IIT JAM Application Form 2020 - IIT, Kanpur has closed JAM 2020 application form window on Octobe...
IIT JAM 2020 - IIT Kanpur has extended IIT JAM 2020 application form for the exam to be conducted...
here I am providing you list of some good books for iit jam geology. these are
IIT JAM M.Sc. Geology by Ajhar Hussain
Trend in Objective Geology by Ausaf Saeed
A Text book of Geology by P.K. Mukerjee
Principles of engineering Geology by K.M. Bangur
I hope my answer will help you out
Structural Geology by Twiss & Moores
Hello Vidya Devi
IIT JAM exam form for registration was released on 5th September and last date for registration was 12th October. I am sorry to say but there is no possibility to apply for the exam after the last date of registration. Correction window will be open in first week of November.
Hope it helps you.
Hello Sofia John
Some of the best coaching academies in India for IIT Jam Mathematical Statistics are mentioned below
Kindly visit the mentioned below site for more tips and guidelines regarding how to prepare for JAM Mathematics paper.
let me clear your doubt.
Yes you can give jam exam aftee completing your bsc. And here is the eligibility criteria for jam exam
A canditate after completing their bachelor degree are eligible for jam exam
A candidate belonging to general /obc (non creamy layer) should have atleast 55 percent aggregate marks ,without rounding off.
And those who belong to sc st should have at least 50 percent aggregate marks, without rounding off.
Your JAM brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile