IIT JAM 2016 exam will be held on February 7, 2016 for seven papers namely Biological Sciences, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics and Geology. This leaves aspirants with barely 3 months left for preparation for the exam. Aspirants must start their JAM 2016 preparation in a serious and intense manner to ensure success. Careers360 brings forth preparation guidelines compiled with the help of toppers and experts to aid in the successful preparation for the JAM 2016 exam.
“Ambition is the first step towards Success. The second step is action”.
The JAM 2016 exam consists of a vast syllabus. To achieve success in this exam requires a lot of effort, perseverance and dedication. We list out the steps that should be followed diligently to taste success in JAM 2016 and wish all aspirants the best in their efforts.
Some Facts about JAM 2016:
JAM 2016 will be conducted for 7 papers and will be online only.
The Conducting institute for JAM 2016 is IIT Madras.
Candidates will not be allowed to carry a calculator this year as the system will have an incorporated online calculator for the students to use during the exam. IIT Madras has announced the availability of the JAM 2016 Virtual Calculator for candidates to practise.
The JAM 2016 Admit Card can be downloaded by candidates from December 31, 2015 till the date of the Jam 2016 exam.
1. JAM 2016 Syllabus: No preparation should start without a good perusal of the syllabus. The JAM 2016 Syllabus should be checked by students and segregated topic wise to ease of preparation. Candidates must understand the topics they need to prepare and therefore need to check the JAM 2016 Syllabus for the same.
It is important that topics be divided into easy ones, hard and difficult so that the preparation can be planned accordingly. Experts suggest that an easy topic must be studied along with a difficult one. This will ensure that the candidate completes the syllabus in a phased manner and also with a good morale.
2. Timetable: A details timetable with each day’s schedule is a really good tool to keep a check on the preparation efforts. Candidates who set up a schedule and adhere to it religiously stand a good chance of success.
The Timetable should be detailed down to each hour spent on preparation. It must incorporate the study hours with topics listed alongside, practice tests, relaxation periods too.
3. How to Study for JAM 2016: It is highly important that students should have a good grasp of the subject and concepts involved. They must be able to relate to the topics, concepts and then deduce the answers to the questions asked. The question paper is designed to test the students in their knowledge of the subject. For students who are required to use formulae, it is imperative that they know the formulae well along with the knowledge of applying them properly to deduce the solutions.
4. Short Notes: Most toppers and experts advise making short notes while studying. The reason is that these short notes will come handy and useful for revision during the last days prior to the exam. It is also advisable to list the formulae and their applications during study time with an aim on easy revision when needed.
5. JAM 2016 Practice Tests: Candidates must make sure that they practise what they study. The trick is to test oneself immediately after completing a topic, analyse the performance and improve on weak points. Once this is completed topic wise, it can be incorporated with full tests that encompass the complete JAM 2016 Syllabus.
Practice makes a person perfect – therefore candidates must practise the previous year papers, sample papers and such. Candidates must practice as much as they can, analyse the problems they are facing and improve upon them.
6.JAM 2016 Mock Test: Since JAM 2016 is completely online, it is important for students to practise on the computer with the JAM 2016 Mock Test. The mock test is a simulation of the actual exam and allows candidates to get a feel of the exam. The JAM 2016 Mock Test consists of the exact pattern of the actual exam with the timer and virtual calculator. Candidates will not be awarded any scores for this but can use it to get familiar with the test environment.
7. Motivation & Relaxation: Two important factors in any preparation plan are motivation and relaxation. Motivation plays a big role for intense study and preparation combined with hard work. Candidates can check up inspiration quotes, topper interviews for motivation. Most of the toppers are students who have put in a lot of hard work with single minded determination and dedication. Their stories are inspiration enough.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy- this old adage says it all. It is highly impossible for any student to go o studying continuously. The brain requires a break now and then along with some relaxation from the strenuous exercise. Good Music, walks, mild exercise, time with friends are some forms of relaxation that can be adopted by students as a respite from all the hard work.
We at Careers360 hope that the above preparation tips will help you in successfully preparing for the JAM 2016 exam.
ISA 2020 - Candidates can check here how Non-JAM qualified candidates can take admission in NITs ...
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2020 - IIT Kanpur has released exam pattern of IIT JAM 2020 on July 12, 2019...
CCMN Seat Allotment 2020 - The conducting body will release the CCMN 2020 seat allotment in the s...
IIT JAM Application Form 2020 - IIT, Kanpur has closed JAM 2020 application form window on Octobe...
IIT JAM 2020 - IIT Kanpur has extended IIT JAM 2020 application form for the exam to be conducted...
here I am providing you list of some good books for iit jam geology. these are
IIT JAM M.Sc. Geology by Ajhar Hussain
Trend in Objective Geology by Ausaf Saeed
A Text book of Geology by P.K. Mukerjee
Principles of engineering Geology by K.M. Bangur
I hope my answer will help you out
Structural Geology by Twiss & Moores
Hello Vidya Devi
IIT JAM exam form for registration was released on 5th September and last date for registration was 12th October. I am sorry to say but there is no possibility to apply for the exam after the last date of registration. Correction window will be open in first week of November.
Hope it helps you.
Hello Sofia John
Some of the best coaching academies in India for IIT Jam Mathematical Statistics are mentioned below
Kindly visit the mentioned below site for more tips and guidelines regarding how to prepare for JAM Mathematics paper.
let me clear your doubt.
Yes you can give jam exam aftee completing your bsc. And here is the eligibility criteria for jam exam
A canditate after completing their bachelor degree are eligible for jam exam
A candidate belonging to general /obc (non creamy layer) should have atleast 55 percent aggregate marks ,without rounding off.
And those who belong to sc st should have at least 50 percent aggregate marks, without rounding off.
Your JAM brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile